It's that time of year again, the B.C. SPCA City Challenge runs the month of May.
This year, we are again competing against Prince George, and want to show that Kamloops is No. 1 in caring for the community's animals and in supporting the SPCA. There are lots of events, including:
* Friday: booth at Aberdeen Mall (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and Saturday (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
* Saturday: open house at the shelter at 1211 - Eighth Street from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Activities include information booths, ask a trainer, a barbecue, craft booths and face painting.
Also on Saturday, a charity bowl at Desert Gardens from 10 a.m. to 4 pm. Come on out and see some amazing pottery and support the animals at the same time.
* Sunday: volunteers host a garage sale as part of the Juniper Heights community garage sale, 2411 Qu'Appelle Blvd.
* Saturday, May 12: barbecue at Dallas Market Fresh Foods from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Monday, May 14: enjoy bento boxes at Sanbiki restaurant, seatings at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets available at Sanbiki and the shelter.
* Saturday, May 26: wind-up barbecue at Sahali Centre Mall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., including great food and a car wash.
* Saturday, May 26: pub night at the Rock'n Firkin starting at 5 p.m. There is a great meal provided as part of the ticket price, and an amazing silent auction. Tickets available at the shelter.
We are hoping to show Prince George and the whole province that Kamloops is the best place to live, whether you're a person or an animal, so come on out and help us reach our goal.
If you would like to organize an activity for City Challenge month, please contact us at the shelter at 250-376-7722. We'd love to have even more fun events for the community.
And of course, you can always donate at the shelter or at one of the many donation boxes around the city. Thanks, Kamloops, for being the best community of all.
B.C. SPCA Kamloops branch community council