A stack of flaming newspapers by a downtown roominghouse front door was quickly doused Thursday night.
Kamloops chief fire prevention officer Dean Olstad said the firefighters got a 911 call from a resident at 704 St. Paul St. just after 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
When they arrived, they found a small fire by the front door.
Olstad said there was little, if any damage, given the steps were concrete and the fire was small and put out so fast.
Fire investigators don’t know what started the fire, he said.