Volunteer Kamloops is a non-profit charity supporting community volunteering.
Volunteers needed Tuesday, June 13 for flyer stuffing, as well as on Wednesday June 20, the day of the event, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. to help with venue setup, hanging artwork, organizing tickets, giving away handouts, setting up tables and running last-minute errands. From 6 p.m.-10 p.m., volunteers are needed to greet participants, serve as silent auction marshals, help with registration, answer questions related to the event and assist with tallying the auction biding. More information about this event can be found at kamloops.timeraiser.ca.
The Shayla Rae Dawn Driver Memorial Bursary Fundraiser
This event is looking for mature and positive people to fill a variety of positions on Saturday, July 14. Activities include: Setting-up/tearing down of event, managing booths, face painting and cash handling, as well as assisting with a the silent auction: setting up art, overseeing bidding, setting up and collecting bid sheets.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kamloops & Region
Special event volunteers are needed for July 12, July 19 and Aug. 16th at Riverside Park to assist with set-up/take down, concession, activity booths and garbage clean up. The organization is looking for volunteers who enjoy working with the public and are willing to represent the agency.
Kamloops Art Council Art in the Park
Event volunteers are needed for Art in the Park, Sunday, July 1 on Canada Day:
* Setup crew: 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
* Runners/sitters: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. to check booths, keep an eye out for lost children, assist artists to watch booths and assist at performance stage. Volunteers can switch off between above jobs and sitting at the Arts Council booth. Other odd jobs includehanding out maps/brochures, moving chairs, etc.
* Sitters: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sitting at Honours tent (outdoor art gallery), possibly other odd jobs (keeping an eye out for lost children, distributing literature, etc.)
* Take-down crew: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* A Kamloops Arts Council volunteer co-ordinator is needed to co-ordinate and oversee volunteers for various arts council events – from hosting tables at community events to Art in the Park, the children’s art festival, juried art show, the downtown and North Shore artwalks, gallery exhibits and much more. The council is looking for someone who has excellent organizational and people skills, is responsible, mature and enthusiastic, and, ideally, has experience with the volunteer sector and non-profits. A background in arts is an asset.
EUReKA! Science Program
The program is looking for a volunteer instructor who will assist instructors with camp projects, take responsibility for helping with set-up/clean-up of activities, interact with campers ages seven to 14, helping campers with their projects, make sure they stay focussed and and ensure camp materials are shared evenly. The program seeks volunteers who are enthusiastic about learning (science in particular) and have some experience and interest in working with children.
Kamloops Senior Citizens Railroad Society
Volunteers are needed to operate train and take on the cashier position. The train operator will operate the Wildlife Express, the mini train at the B.C. Wildlife Park. The cashier sells tickets for the train rides. Interest in small-train operations and general upkeep would be an asset. Anyone from age 15 and up is welcome.
Open Door Group — Gardengate Program, SAGE Project
The goal of the SAGE Project (Senior Action Team for Gardening and Education) is to provide food security for individuals who may typically be marginalized. This goal will be met through the social participation and inclusion of seniors through three key strategies: gardening and skill sharing, education through food security workshops, and participation on the seniors council.
To learn more about these and many other volunteer opportunities, check out the website at volunteerkamloops.org. Volunteer Kamloops acknowledges the support of the Province of British Columbia.