The trial for a TRU World student from Russia charged with sexual assault is expected to start on Aug. 23.
Anton Marin, who turns 24 this year, had a closed-door hearing on a defence application in June. The alleged sexual assault occurred on campus in December last year.
The complainant’s name is protected by law. At the June hearing, court heard she will attend another university in Canada.
Crown lawyer Sarah Firestone said the hearing would determine whether the complainant’s prior sexual history is relevant in the provincial court trial itself.
Marin’s lawyer, John Hogg, told judge Roy Dickey the trial must be completed by the end of August, the date which his client is scheduled to return to his home in Russia.