Investigations are underway after Chase Fire and Rescue responded to two fires in the Shuswap region overnight Wednesday.
Fire chief Brian Lauzon said he received special permission from the mayor to send a crew to assist the Adams Lake fire department at a house fire on the Neskonlith reserve just after 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters were later dispatched to a barn on fire on VLA Road in Chase just before 1 a.m.
In the case of the house fire, Adams Lake fire chief Tony Dennis said the blaze destroyed the home.
The fear at first was a person might be trapped inside, but this wasn’t the case, said Dennis. No one was hurt, but the family lost everything.
Anyone who wants to donate clothing or other items is asked to try the Neskonlith band office at 250-679-3295.
The barn also burned to the ground. Lauzon said the owner lost several pigs, feed and manure to the flames. The fire still smoldered Thursday morning.