KELOWNA, B.C. - Some 80 people were evacuated from a Kelowna, B.C. supermarket on Thursday after a hazardous vapour was released into the store.
The scare occurred when chlorine bleach mixed with a citrus cleaning solution, emitting a chemical cloud into Sun Valley Foods.
Three people were transported to Kelowna General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
People that came into contact with the vapor experienced a rash or burning sensation.
Fire crews are working to contain the fumes before ventilation can begin. (CKFR)