B.C. boy, 3, found safe in Montana; Amber Alert for Alvin Barnett cancelled

The Canadian Press / Kamloops Daily News
November 16, 2012 01:00 AM

Alvin Barnet

SPARWOOD - Three-year-old Alvin Barnett has been found safe, and the Amber Alert for the B.C. boy who had been missing since Thursday afternoon has been cancelled.

RCMP cancelled the alert this morning, and officials in Montana have confirmed the child is safe.

Montana's Amber Alert co-ordinator, Jennifer Viets, says 39-year-old Robert Barnett is in custody in the community of Whitefish, Montana.

The alert was issued Thursday shortly after Barnett and his son vanished during a supervised visit in southeastern B.C.

Border officials said a car carrying the two had crossed into Montana and an alert issued in that state was expanded across the United States overnight.

Viets could not say what led officials to Whitefish but she said more information would be released later.


© Kamloops Daily News

Email to a Friend

Close

Popular Kamloops News