The provincial and federal governments have provided some much-needed funding to aid several community groups.
On the federal side, Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo MP Cathy McLeod announced Wednesday the Harper government will provide $9,000 to New Life Mission to replace and paint exterior siding and repair roof leaks and damaged downspouts.
She also revealed $1,734 would go toward enhancing the safety of Kamloops Long Blade athletes at the MacArthur Island Sports Centre.
Meanwhile, the province has handed out nine more community gaming grants in the region totalling $415,750.
The full list of recipients is:
* Kamloops & District Society for People in Motion - $100,000
* Kamloops Hospice Association - $80,000
* Kamloops Child Development Society - $75,000
* Boys and Girls Club of Kamloops - $59,500
* Valleyview Overlanders Lions Club - $35,000
* Knights of Columbus No. 9508 - $20,000
* Kamloops Shrine Club No. 6 - $20,000
* Auxiliary to the Overlander Extended Care Hospital - $14,250
* Kamloops Elks Lodge No. 44 - BPOE - $12,000
Groups can apply online for a grant at http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/gaming/
© Copyright 2015 Kamloops Daily News