Microwave catches fire at Crossroads Inn

Man taken to hospital with minor injuries

Kamloops Daily News
March 7, 2013 01:00 AM

Firefighters set up a fan outside Crossroads Inn.

A Crossroads Inn resident was taken to Royal Inland Hospital Thursday after a fire broke out in a first-floor apartment.

The man was conscious and talked to paramedics as he was loaded into the ambulance. A spokeswoman for B.C. Ambulance said his injuries were minor.

Paramedics and firefighters were dispatched to the low-income housing project when a microwave oven caught fire at about 2:30 p.m. Kamloops Fire and Rescue assistant chief Mike Adams said the blaze was quickly extinguished.

Smoke drifted into the first floor and a number of residents were evacuated. Firefighters used fans to clear the air and Adams expected the tenants would soon be back inside.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

© Copyright 2015 Kamloops Daily News

Email to a Friend


Popular Kamloops News