It's not your average Tim Hortons cup.
The Tankard Trophy - the most legendary trophy in the curling world - is coming to town next week.
The trophy's arrival heralds the Tim Hortons Brier, which runs March 1-9 at Interior Savings Centre, and the Kamloops host committee isn't about to miss a king-sized opportunity to promote the event.
Norm Daley, Brier host chairman, will be on hand as the tankard is taken around to seven Tim Hortons outlets in the city. Everyone is invited to stop by and pose for photos with the trophy, a symbol of excellence in men's curling.
The tankard tour schedule:
* Monday, Jan. 6, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 450 Lansdowne St.
* Monday, Jan. 6, 1-2 p.m., 910 Columbia St.
* Tuesday, Jan. 7, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 481 Tranquille Rd.
* Tuesday, Jan. 7, 1-2 p.m., 1800 Tranquille Rd.
* Wednesday, Jan. 8, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 1835 Trans-Canada. Hwy. East.
* Wednesday, Jan. 8, 1-2 p.m., 1723 Trans-Canada Hwy. East.
* Thursday, Jan. 9, 10-11 a.m., 1285 Rogers Way.
Tickets to the Tim Hortons Brier can be purchased online at curling.ca/tickets or by phone at 1-877-985-2875.
© Copyright 2015 Kamloops Daily News