The splendors of pairing wine and food will come together as the Kamloops Art Gallery's biggest spring fundraiser is about to begin again.
As in years past, restaurants will host pairings and other wine-related events for the Kamloops Wine Festival, said Judy Basso, the gallery's fundraising event co-ordinator.
"When people have some food and wine that's paired together, there's nothing better," said Basso. "I keep saying the angels are singing."
Events planned for this year include:
* Friday, March 8, A Taste of the Shuswap at Jack Sam's at The Quaaout Lodge with optional night's stay.
* Saturday, March 9, The Black Iron Restaurant at Tobiano.
* Tuesday, March 12, The Fireside at The Plaza Hotel.
* Wednesday, March 13, Commodore Grand CafÉ and Lounge.
* Thursday, March 21, multi-course wine dinner with Fairview Cellars at Terra Restaurant. Proprietor/winemaker/storyteller extraordinaire Bill Eggert will attend.
The ever-popular Consumer Wine Tasting takes place Saturday, March 16, starting at 7:30 p.m. at the Kamloops Convention Centre.
The Coast Kamloops Hotel and Preston's Restaurant have partnered with the art gallery for tasting, with more than 100 bottles of wine to sample from, said Basso.
"People say it's one of the best parties they will ever go to in a year," she said.
The Coast offers a special room rate of $124 for those who want to stay at the hotel after the festival. Reservations must be made before March 9.
"Make a weekend out of it and come and have some fun," said Basso, adding there will be food and a live band. "It's going to be a great party again."
Tickets are $45 per person and there are 600 available. Phone the gallery at 250-377-2400 to book one. They can also be purchased at Preston's and The Coast Hotel Kamloops.
For more information visit www.kag.bc.ca
© Kamloops Daily News